Thursday 21 August 2014

The Bustards



Stats
Sandy Bay to the Gun-Barrel in the Bustards 9:45 – 12:00, 2hr 15 mins, slow day.
Score:  Jeff 2 Susan 65

If you’ve never been to the Bustards, you must.  It is one of the most beautiful places on the planet.  We pulled in at noon and dropped the anchor just as the first raindrops began to plop down.  We had the place entirely to ourselves.  I grabbed my biodegradable soap and had a refreshing wash in the incredibly cold, green water as the rain pitter-pattered down around me.  So lovely.  We’ll hole up here for the day, read, do a few chores and hopefully get out in the dinghy to explore a bit.  We’ve been in this bay before and know it well.  I love my new dinghy, but days like this I miss my kayak.

Our backyard in the Bustard 
Roger's Gut:  Holy rocks! Yup we drove through that.
Rocks everywhere
Our front yard in the Bustards

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on casting off on your big adventure . Exciting for sure. But I can't help feeling sorry for ......... .?