Tuesday 8 March 2016

Life in Fort Myers


We've settled in nicely here at the Fort Myers Yacht Basin, which is a municipal marina right in the centre of town.  What a nice place to call "home" for awhile.  We're docked between friends Joe and Connie on Chesapeake and Janice and Russ on Dream Chaser and there are plenty of other friends scattered around the marina.  Life is good.  Pretty routine but very, very pleasant with lots of fun thrown in the mix.

We've reverted back to our regular "snowbird" lifestyle.  Jeff's done the bright work on the boat (which looks fantastic!) and now is working on waxing the hull,.  I'm making shade curtains for the cockpit and cleaning, organizing, and cooking my little heart out (which is fun for me).  Jeff golfs regularly with Joe, Janice and Russ and on occasion he and Joe slip out in the evenings to partake in some billiards.  I go to the local pool for lane swimming and Connie and I go to Tai Chi and Yoga classes. We gather every afternoon around five for docktails and often play a bit of muckers on the grassy area beside the boats.   There's lots of events going on in this town so we're kept well entertained.

I took a girls' day and drove to visit one of my co-workers from the school board, Lorrie, at her condo.  A lovely lunch and walk on the beach was enjoyed.  It was fun to catch up.











3 comments:

Mackr45 said...

Looking good.. When are you heading for home?

Gran Vida said...

Hi! Looks like we'll be home by the end of April.

Mackr45 said...

Looks like it will be a race between us. I think I'll be at the cottage on the 29th