Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmasmin Fort Myers






Christmas in the South was a LOT harder than we thought it was going to be.  Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time. Christmas eve was a warm and pleasant evening. We decorated up the boat and visited in the cockpit with other boaters. We even toqued an American! Christmas day we joined the crew of  The Chesapeke, a beautiful Kadey Krogen Manatee (my new favourite boat) for a wonderful mid-day traditional turkey dinner.  THANKS to Joe and Connie for the hospitality and to Russ and Elaine, from Twelve Stones, a beautiful Great Harbour (my other new favourite boat) for the wonderful company.  We sure did earn our naps after that amazing meal.

But being away from family at this time of year just feels weird.  Jeff received some terrible news on Christmas eve about the very tragic passing of one of his son's friends/teammates, a young man whom Jeff had coached and who's father was a co-coach and good friend of Jeff's. Very sad news. I had my youngest granddaughter, four years old, wailing during a facetime visit over the iPhone "I neeed my Nana.  N-n-nana!  Not THAT Nana (pointing at the iPhone). My REAL Nana".  She might as well have ripped 'me heart outta 'me chest. Both Jeff and I have eyed flights home longingly but we know, practically speaking, with inflated airfairs and health insurance consideration, it just doesn't make sense.  We'll arrange things differently next time.

For this year, here we are.  We've had over 13,700 page views on this blog so there must be folks out there reading my drivel.  We extend our warmest wishes for a very Merry Christmas season to all our readers.  May all of your dreams for 2015 come true.




No comments: