Wednesday 26 December 2018

Merry Christmas 2018

This is our fifth season in the South on Gran Vida, and other than one unfortunate trip home at Christmas for a sudden family funeral, we've spent every Christmas here in the South on the boat.  And I've never quite gotten used to it.  There is just something weird about listening to Christmas Carols while sitting in shorts in front of a cooling fan.

As usual, we were treated to a pyjama clad Christmas morning video chat with the grandkids as they opened their presents.  Such a cozy scene.  Hugs were shared through screens from fifteen hundred odd miles away.  With a fire crackling in the fireplace my daughter turned the camera to give us a glimpse of the wintery wonderland in her forested yard.  I so much wanted to be there and go for a walk in the woods after a morning playing with the kids.  I could almost hear that snow crunching under my feet.  Sometimes I miss winter so much.

As I'm sure is obvious, I battle homesickness this time of year.  We enjoyed phone calls and texts/emails with family and friends, all which helped to get me through.

It was a glorious, sunny day here in Florida and we ended the day with a dockside, pot-luck get-together in the warm sunshine with other boaters and lots of laughter and comaraderie. My attitude was quickly adjusted.  Perspective gained.

We have so much to be thankful for.....

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas 

and much peace, happiness and health in 2019.



No comments: